The 3rd annual Vibe Awards, sponsored by Vibe Magazine, were broadcast last night on the UPN network. Mariah Carey was the big winner bringing home 4 awards including Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, Best R&B Song ("We Belong Together"), and R&B Voice of the Year. Kimora Lee Simmons was the only other multi-award winner taking home 2 fashion-related awards for her Baby Phat fashion line.
The winners last night included:
- R&B Voice of the Year - Mariah Carey
- Best Rapper – Kanye West
- Next Award – Young Jeezy & Keyshia Cole (tie)
- Coolest Collabo – “Oh”: Ciara feat. Ludacris
- Street Anthem – “U Don’t Know Me”: T.I.
- Power Broker of the Year – Kevin Liles
- Club Banger – “1 Thing”: Amerie
- Reelest Video – “Trapped in the Closet”: R. Kelly
- Hottest Hook – “Hate It or Love It”: The Game feat. 50 Cent
- Video Goddess – Esther Baxter: “Number One Spot”
- Boomshot Award – “Welcome to Jamrock”: Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
- Best R&B Song – “We Belong Together”: Mariah Carey
- Best Group – The Diplomats
- V Style – Baby Phat
- Vibe Vixen – Kimora Lee Simmons
- Album of the Year - The Emancipation of Mimi: Mariah Carey
- Artist of the Year – Mariah Carey
Photo courtesy Island Records.