The 2009 Grammy Awards, telecast by CBS TV at 8 p.m. ET Sunday, February 8, 2009, promises to be an exciting evening filled with performances from some of the top musicians in the world. The telecast is live from L.A.'s Staples Center. This is your guide to what you need to know and what to watch for to make Grammy night a great night at your home.
Lists of nominees:
- Pop-Rock Nominations
- R&B Nominations
- Country Music Nominatons
- Hip Hop Nominations
- Dance Music Nominations
- Christian and Gospel Music Nominations
- Heavy Metal Nominations
- World Music Nominations
- Folk Music Nominations
- Classical Music Nominations
Performances to Watch For:
- Tribute to Bo Diddley featuring Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Mayer, and Keith Urban
- Four Tops tribute featuring Abdul "Duke" Fakir of the Four Tops' original lineup, Jamie Foxx, and Ne-Yo
- Superstar rap quartet featuring Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, T.I., and Kanye West performing "Swagga Like Us"
- Chris Brown
- Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift
- Estelle and Kanye West
- Jonas Brothers
- Katy Perry with My Grammy Moment Winners
- Kid Rock
- Paul McCartney with guest drummer Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters
- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
- T.I. and Justin Timberlake
Earlier in the day a Grammy Awards Pre-Telecast Ceremony will take place at 3 p.m. ET and will stream at the official Grammy Awards site. It will feature additional performances and the presentation of the bulk of the Grammy Awards in about 100 categories that can not fit into the show in the evening.
Look for complete coverage of the Grammy Awards including live blogging of the CBS telecast here.