Top 5 Pop Singles
- Tinchy Stryder featuring N-Dubz - "Number 1"
- La Roux - "In For the Kill"
- Ironik featuring Chipmunk and Elton John - "Tiny Dancer"
- Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone"
- Lady GaGa - "Poker Face"
Big Chart Movers
- #27-#11 Girls Aloud - "Untouchable"
- #39-#26 Deadmau5 & Kaskade - "I Remember Now"
- #43-#30 Miley Cyrus - "Hoedown Throwdown"
Hot New Pop Songs
- #36 Maccabees - "Love You Better"
- #46 Morrissey - "Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
Tinchy Stryder keeps a firm grip on the top this week. However, a reworked hip hop version of Elton John's classic "Tiny Dancer" roars in at #3. Girls Aloud are in danger of missing the top 10 for the first time after 20 consecutive top 10 hit singles. "Untouchable" is lingering outside the upper ranks hanging around at #11. Critically acclaimed indie band Maccabees return with "Love You Better," the first single from their upcoming album Wall of Arms.
For more chart details, visit The Official Charts Company.
Top 5 Pop Albums
- Bob Dylan - Together Through Life
- Enemy - Music for the People
- Lady GaGa - The Fame
- Beyonce - I Am...Sasha Fierce
- Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
Hot New Albums
- #21 Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
It's not often that a 67 year old artist will top the album chart on both sides of the Atlantic. However, that does look like it will be the case when US charts are released later this week. For now, Bob Dylan tops the UK album chart for the first time since 1970. That's nearly 40 years between chart-topping albums. Meanwhile, he is strong enough to keep The Enemy from scoring two consecutive #1 albums. Their latest Music for the People settles for a #2 opening.