The Bottom Line
This is not bad at all for a FIFTH single from an album. Gwen Stefani proves that she is quite adept at keeping herself on the radio while in the midst of a cross-country concert tour. "Luxurious" is unlikely to be listed by many as among Stefani's best, but it goes down easy.
- Few artists do luxury better than Gwen
- Smooth, lush atmosphere
- The ch..chings...the next B-A-N-A-N-A-S?
- A bit thin on substance
- Gwen Stefani tries on romantic makeout music with the assistance of an Isley Brothers sample.
- Gwen worried about money? Nah...she's bragging.
- Smooth, silky, and "luxurious like Egyptian cotton.
Guide Review - Luxurious - Gwen Stefani (Interscope)
If Madonna is wishing to pass on her "Material Girl" title, Gwen Stefani is happy to wear it proudly. "Luxurious" revels in a world of Egyptian cotton, cashmere, tuberoses, and, of course, diamonds. This is what she has gotten for years of hard work, and now she is happy to advertise.
"Luxurious" is remarkably good for a fifth single from an album. Things are wearing a little thin, and this song doesn't have the striking impact of "Rich Girl" or "Hollaback Girl," but it does sound good. Besides, we all know she still has "Bubble Pop Electric" in reserve in case a sixth single is needed.
For a limited time you can head on over to Yahoo! Launch and see Gwen take "Luxurious" to the stage in Vegas.