From the article: Top 10 Songs of 1990
The 1990s were a decade of incredible diversity in pop music from hip hop to boy bands and everything in between. What are your favorite songs from this decade and why? Share your opinions. Share the Best Music
A Decent Cut... with some problems.
- This is a decent list... with a few major problems. First a couple of observations from the posts. Some big hits fall right on the turn of the decade and were not included. Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence falls into that category... this song came out in Feb. 1990 and most probably think of it as a late 80's hit. Destiny's Child also fall into this category. "Say My Name" came out in Dec. 1999 - probably remembered mostly as a hit from 2000. RANKING PROBLEMS: I have a big issue with Britney Spears being #1. While this song deserves to be on the list, but in retrospect it wasn't a hugely influential song. Wonderwall by Oasis is probably the most glaring misranking... it's a #90 on this list, probably should be in the top 10. BIGGEST OMISSIONS (GROUP): Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls. BIGGEST OMMISSIONS (SONG): Foo Fighters: Everlong. New Radicals: You Get What You Give (which is critically considered one of the best songs of the decade.... even according to U2's The Edge).
- —Guest Bayzing
- Apparently the Goo Goo Dolls had no influence during the 90's at all. Terrible
- —Guest Mason
- R U freaking serious? WTF kind of place does mmmmbop have? That song sucks, how about "Six Underground" by the sneaker pimps? You need some help bro.
- —Guest Good Ears
- No Green Day? Offspring? New Radicals? Eminem? I think that there are some glaring ommisions in this list
- —Guest alez
- This is a stupid list! Where's HOLD ON by wilson phillips, ONE SWEET DAY of Mariah carey boyzIImen, and where's on bended knees? where's IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE, the 3rd biggest selling ost of all time! this is whacked~
- —Guest markus
- Where is Man In the Box? One of the top 5 greatest songs made let alone the 90s.
- —Guest dan
I stopped at 74
- How can End of the Road be 74 when it is the second longest number one single in history. Should have been higher. Obviously people loved that song in the ninety's. IJS
- —Guest Michael B
Agreed with Bill
- Gin blossoms? Hey Jealousy and/or Alison road deserved to be on this list. And, what's with Brit at number one? Alanis or Sinead should be there. Or hey! Maybe the GIN BLOSSOMS.
- —Guest Grace
This list is missing a lot!
- What about Green Day, Pearl Jam, Sublime, The Offspring, Depeche Mode and countless others? Hmmm...
- —Guest Guest
- I like your taste in music! I liked most of the songs. :3
- —Guest Jo
- Might as well take the list down its garbage. No Green Day, Pearl Jam, and one oasis song. What about Champagne Supernova? The offspring, Bush, The Black Crows, Tom Petty, Cracker, Big Head Todd and many more. But there were so many great songs in the 90's I'm sure its hard to narrow it down. But Smashmouth in top 10? Britney no. 1? Come on.
- —Guest Jordan
Hit me baby but I don't agree..
- Nirvana's Smell like Teen Spirit should be in no. 1 & not Minnie Mouse..
- —Guest Kids of yesterday
Where are the Gin Blossoms?
- Hey Jealousy was without a doubt one of the top ten best songs of 1993.
- —Guest Bill
Celine dion AND Seal
- what about celine dion and BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME. and Seal KISS FROM A ROSE
- —Guest alexrp33
- love many of these songs but dont agree with this list. no mc hammer's- u cant touch this?, you get what you give by new radicals?, tha crossroads by BTnH?, one sweet day by boyz2men? please,please,please edit dis list :l
- —Guest guest pip
1-15 of 43Next