What are the Christmas songs that best express sadness and melancholy for you? When you are tired or not in the mood for happy holiday music, where do you turn? Share your favorite sad Christmas songs. Share Your Favorites
Sad song for Christmas
- How about this beautiful song from one of my friends
- —Guest Charlie
Alan Jackson - Merry Christmas to Me
- Hands down, most depressing Christmas song EVER!
- —Guest Marc
Two more Songs
- Mel Tomme - Christmas Time is Here
Faith Hill - Where are you Christmas
- —Guest Brad
The Little Boy Santa Claus Forgot
- The Little Boy Santa Claus Forgot by Nat King Cole
It reminds me of how sad Christmas Morning can be for poor little boys and girls. Sad song but a great song.
- —Guest Brad
- ELP - "I Believe in Father Christmas" Gordon Lightfoot - "Circle of Steel"
- —Guest Anam
It Won't Be The Same This Year
- This is a very sad song sung by Vince Gill. It's about someone who lost their brother and is going home for Christmas for the first time since his death.
The Day That Love Began
- This song by Stevie Wonder is rarely heard on radio anymore and tells the story of a little shepherd boy who travels to see the Baby Jesus and the gift he planned to give the baby (a lamb) runs away. The shepherd begins to cry as he views the baby and Mary tells him that his tears are the greatest gift he could ever have given. I heard it once when I was 10 and then noever again for at least 25 years...but I remembered every single word, it had that much of an impact on me...and I'm not even a religious person.
- —Guest Jeff S.
- River by Joni Mitchell. For me personally it's one of the saddest songs I've ever heard, whether it's about Chrisrmas or not.
- —Guest dford
I'll Be Brave This Christmas
- This son makes me think, what would happen if my dad went off to fight in the wa and if I sung that song. It just makes me sad and sometimes sickens me to the core, thinking of the children whose dad's didn't come home for chismas. Only their kids stayed brave for their daddy's sake. Listen to it and see if you get that feeling deep inside your heart.
- —Guest Crystale
Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
- Song about a Christmas breakup by Fall Out Boy. A bit up tempo but still sad.
- —Guest Kimbalucy
I believe in father Christmas
- Greg lake of Emerson,lake and palmer. This is a classic haunting song
- —Guest mark
Sad Rock Rap? White Christmas
- Being bombarded with the same ol' christmas songs again, I found this White Christmas version. a bit sad but still different:
- —Guest carol
Who Wants To Cry at Christmas?
- How about Who Wants To Cry At Christmas?
- —Guest Mark Weber
- The saddest Christmas song has to be Another Lonely Christmas by Prince. I would add Please Come home for Christmas by Charles Brown.
- —Guest ADN
The 2 SADDEST Christmas songs ever.
- This is guaranteed, that you will not hear a more sad Christmas song than these 2. I still cannot listen to them without breaking down.
Becky Lamb - Little Becky's Christmas Wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mamr3K6G_Ew
Red Sovine - Faith In Santa
- —Guest Mark Rich