What are the Christmas songs that best express sadness and melancholy for you? When you are tired or not in the mood for happy holiday music, where do you turn? Share your favorite sad Christmas songs.
- Sara Maclachlan's version of What Child Is This Greensleeves is so sad and meloncholy
- —Guest CincyScott
grandma got run over by a raindeer
- it is so sad when grrandma gets run over by the raindeer.
- —Guest jeffc
- by coldplay, good song sad but still nice to listen to
- —Guest Kathleen
A Very Triggers Christmas
- It's a sweet but sad song about missing someone you love at Christmas. The band is Triggers from Pittsburgh
- —Guest angela
"One Last Christmas"
- This song was only released last year, (which is probably why it's not on this list) by Christian artist Matthew West. It's a true story about a little boy from Illinois (I believe) and I am almost brought to tears every time I hear it.
- —Guest Hannah
"Missing you at christmas Time"
- One2One has a very sad christmas song called "Missing you at Christmas Time."
- —Guest JT
THE saddest christmas song EVER
- Christmas Shoes. PERIOD. i am crying just thinking of it
- —Guest DAVEPRO
"Sometimes Even Santa Has Bad Days"
- Have you heard "Sometimes Even Santa Has Bad Days" by Uncle Leon?
You can listen to it here:
- —Guest GTO
- River, by Joni Mitchel. It belongs on this list too.
- —Guest Evan
- Hard Candy Christmas im singing this in my christmas show and it is just so sad
- —Guest cuteandcarazykat
Favorite Christmas Story
- His Favorite Christmas Story by Capital Lights should be in the top ten. What a sad song!
- —Guest Jeff
"Alone this Holiday" by The Used
- Who EVER wants to be alone on the holidays? This song is depressing.
- —Guest Kara
sadest song I know
- Christmas in the trenches
this is an oldy and the aparintly bast
on a true storie. a sad melody and sader lyrics
- —Guest justin
The Cat Carol
- "The Cat Carol" by Meryn Cadell gets me every time - much more than most of the songs on this list.
- —Guest Dale
DIVINE SINNERS - ANOTHER LONELY CHRISTMA
- There's a great sad Christmas song called ANOTHER LONELY CHRISTMAS by unknown Maltese band DIVINE SINNERS. Despite the catchy cheery music, the lyrics express the pain of not being able to spend Christmas with someone you truly love. What's great about the song is that it does so without being sentimental at all.
They have a hilarioius video of it on youtube featuring a Drunk Santa.
- —Guest run25800