From the article: Top 10 Pop Albums of 2011
2011 is a year of great pop music. What are your favorite albums of the year?
Bill Lamb is a pro!
- No one knows Pop music better than Bill Lamb so let us take notes from him, shall we? This is a legitimate list and while some albums aren't necessarily "Pop", they appeal to the Pop audience. I wish Katy B was on tge list though...British acts are so underrated in the US. Anyways, I have nothing but love for these albums!
- —Guest Anonymous
- You guys are all wrong... you guys have bad taste... you guys suck!! Beyonce's 4 album was overproduced, Born This Way is not a pop gem. I love the album but it is inconsistent and not original you just haven't hear of a lot of music. Don't comment on these blogs when everything you say is not right.
- —Guest Alex
my favorite this year
- Femme Fatale is one of the best albums I've ever heard so far this year. Jumpy hits. Danceable music. Sexy and naughty lyrics. Another sign that Britney indeed transformed herself into a more mature and an even more powerful performer. Her summer tour proved that she's still the princess of pop. Best track on the album: I Wanna Go..... Another great album this year is from Lady Gaga. Born This way is a feel good album about knowing oneself and being proud of it. Though some songs in the album reminds us of Madonna's retro hits, I may say that the album still is unique in it's own way. It's tracks are not that easy to forget. Most used name on the album: Jesus Christ. Favorite song on the album: You and I. Adele has one of the best voices in the world as I may say and listening to her album "21" always brings tears to my eyes. Her album is both heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. It's up for you how would you interpret the album. Favorite song: Rolling In The Deep.
- —Guest lemuel
- Femme Fatale is great. i don't have to make any explanation for it. It speaks for itself. The music is addictive. It's Britney after all. No one can get better than Britney when it comes to giving high-class dance music.
- —Guest anonymous
where is 4
- It might not have been the album that everyone expected, but beyonce's 4 is definitely gonna stand out at d end of the year as one of the best vocal and transitional pieces by any artist in 2011.
- —Guest James
Someone needs to get bumped
- I believe this list is wrong.. Obviously whoever made it has not listened to Beyonce's album!
- —Guest Dustin Scoggin
Born This Way The Best Album of the Year
- I believe Born This Way will remain a legend in pop culture, and its structure will define a new path for pop music. Lady Gaga has come with her own 'True Blue', her own 'Bad'. It's not a comeback, it's an evolution, and a true artist can evolve and pull off something better. Since 'Marry The Night' through 'Black Jesus † Amen Fashion' to 'The Edge of Glory', it seems Lady Gaga has come from a long path since her Stefani Germanotta days, where she used to play rock. This album is very sincere, not only because she wants her fans and everyone who listens to it to feel better, but because she is referencing all those artists, all those people who have influenced her; her childhood as a premature pianist, all thos Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder records, all she passed through high school as a freak, all those performances at Lower East Side, where she would dance to Metallica and Slayer with her friend Lady Starlight. Definitely the best album of the year all the way
- —Guest Alan