Love is the 7th wave - Sting
- I love the lyrics truly inspirational. Its about the power of love to change the world for a better place. If we truly mean when we say 'I love you" and relegate hate to a bottomless pit, we can have paradise on earth.
- —Guest A T Rogie
- Seriously?? how can a list of pop songs not include AT LEAST one Shakira song?? Hips Don't Lie??? Underneath your Clothes?? Whenever Wherever??? Illegal? Don't Bother? Dreams for Plans? She Wolf? Gypsy? Give it Up to Me? Did It Again? and the list could go on forever!! Alsooo I'm kind of shocker there's no ABBA, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera....
- —Guest Adriana
wow, total ignorance
- Since you are going for "all time" pop tune, and aparently the US market, why not the true #1 pop tune of all time? White Christmas (yes, the Bing Crosby standard). Everyone recognizes the tune, and most people can sing a few bars by memory. While this list of 40 songs certainly had some good ones (along with a few what-were-you-smoking-when-you-picked-it ones), none of these songs is as widely known. An 80 year old, a 60 year old, a 40 year old, and a 20 year old are all very likely to know the song. Black, white, or Hispanic, we all know it -- and most of us have heard the original Bing Crosby recording at least once. White Christmas, released in 1942, was the #1 selling song and no other song has ever matched it. Bing Crosby's version alone has sold roughly 50 million copies. Add in the millions more by such varied artists as Elvis, Andy Williams, Reba, Chicago, and Twisted Sister, the number passes 100 million.
- —Guest Me112233
nights in white satin
- magical like a symphony magnificient words music flute by Ray Thomas and poem
- —Guest superfishy27
- Some of these songs are non-entities. 'Dancing queen' by Abba anybody?
- —Guest Shyam
Three Words: Be My Baby
- Be My .. Be My (Be My Little Baby!) My One And Only (Say You'll Be My Darling!)
- —Guest randomguy2342
Best Songs Of 2011 So Far
- 1 . Grenade - Bruno Mars 2 . On the floor - Jennifer Lopez ft. Pit Bull 3 . California King Bed - Rihanna 4 . Just Can't Get Enough - Black Eyed Peas 5 . S&M - Rihanna 6 . Born this way - Lady Gaga 7 . E.T. - Katy Perry ft. Kanie West 8 . What's My Name - Rihanna 9 . That Should Be Me - Justin Bieber 10 . Tonight ( I'm lovin' you ) - Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris 11 . Judas - Lady Gaga 12 . Yeah 3x - Chris Brown 13 . Fuckin' Perfect - Pink 14 . Till The World Ends - Britney Spears 15 . Blow - Kesha 16 . The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars 17 . Firework - Katy Perry 18 . The Time - Black Eyed Peas 19 . I need a doctor - Dr. Dre ft. Eminem & Skylar Grey 20 . Run the worlds ( Girls ) - Beyonce
- A britney song should never out rank a MJ song. Rihanna is on there, but not Prince? "Bille Jean" should be in the top ten.
- —Guest Muffy
- I am shocked that I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys is not on here! I can guarantee you that a lot of these songs, if heard anywhere else around the world, would be unrecognizable. But IWITW was successful globally and loved by everyone no matter their age. Now *that* is what a true POP song is: great vocals, catchy hooks, and melodies so irresistible that you can't help but to sing along every time you hear it. The author of this list should be ashamed! Plus, no Thriller? *shakes head*
- —Guest Lynnsey
The Living Years
- Written by Mike and the Mechanics, this song is extremely well written, inspirational AND a huge hit.
well it depends how one defines best
- All Along The Watchtower as performed by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Evocative lyrics, fantastic production, and the guitar break that crescendoes into the last verse. Arresting.
- —Guest samhillrocks
- The Association sang this song in the summer of 1966, and numerous males and females fell in love with this song. I believe it was one of the biggest selling 45's of all time up until then. Their single "Never My Love" is the 2nd most played song in the past 45 years. This fact was said on various oldie channels.
- —Guest keymak
- wheres beyonce's song - crazy in love. That is a million times a better songs than rihanna's, kelly clarksons and britneys.
- —Guest joel
Jimmy Webb? The Clash? Sondheim?
- Jimmy Webb's Wichita Lineman is considered one of the greatest pop songs ever written. Send in the Clowns by Sondheim, ditto. Covered by everyone. The Clash, London Calling, groundbreaking, influential. Sales, Covers, Influence on others....
- —Guest Rick
Where is Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams?
- Where did you get this list from?Only one song from the King of Pop, MJ and two by Britney?Get real.And where is Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams?